Director of Annual Giving and Development Services
At Water4, we’re passionately equipping people in developing nations to eradicate their water crisis through faith, empowerment, entrepreneurship and technology.
Water4 is currently active in 14 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and South America empowering local entrepreneurs to provide sustainable access to safe and living water. We believe the only truly lasting approach to providing water solutions that meet both the physical and spiritual needs of people living in water poverty is local people solving local problems through locally-owned businesses.
We believe God works through the capacity, strength and greatness of ordinary people to eradicate the water crisis — leaving behind lasting peace and reconciliation in its place, and we’re looking for an enthusiastic candidate who is just as passionate as we are about seeing a world where complete access to safe and living water is available for all.
The Director of Annual Giving and Development Services is primarily responsible for the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive annual giving program, including the coordination and oversight of supporting initiatives in the areas of annual campaigns, development services and donor relations.
- Determines annual giving goals and build strategic and tactical plans for achieving these goals. This strategy includes a comprehensive plan utilizing the resources available through development services, marketing communications and donor relations.
- Focuses on effective communication and solicitation activities within specific market segments identified as having potential for the greatest growth.
- Oversees all annual giving, development services and donor relations programs including church-related campaigns, list acquisitions, strategic partnerships, match challenges, data entry, report writing and generation, gift processing, donor stewardship, and all additional aspects of the organization’s constituent relations software.
- Helps organization manage a prospect pool/pipeline of prospective donors; Under “Research”, helps develop processes for identifying and qualifying new leads through referrals, social media, list acquisition, cooperative partnerships.
- Coordinates annual giving with campaigns, gala, special events and other specialty constituents, such as Board Members, in a sophisticated and effective fashion.
- Works effectively with major gifts team and grant writing representatives to gain strong participation in annual giving and build strategies for moving donors to higher giving levels.
- Creates, develops and executes a highly effective and sustainable volunteer component within annual giving.
The director also develops a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving email, direct mail, phone/mail, grassroots engagement and volunteer engagement, all focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support.
In addition, the director fosters the growth of best practices in the supporting areas of gift processing, data management and donor relations/stewardship as related to annual giving and the organization as a whole as well as complementing efforts of major gift fundraising, planned gift campaigns, gala, grants and “legacy” donors. The director should have a keen appreciation for what motivates donors and prospective donors of annual contributions.
The director provides strategic direction and long-range/short-range planning for all these areas in the context of growing the annual giving program while supporting the greater development of organization and campaign goals.
The director is responsible for ensuring that the organization follows best practice protocol relative to gift processing, systems administration, ancillary fundraising campaigns, and contact report guidance.
The director should be competent measured in terms of total dollars raised, audience reach and growth, percentage participation, LYBUNTS and LAPSED donor management, monthly recurring donor growth, consistency of giving and average gift size.
Internally, the director should be prepared to address and own clean data, ease of access to data and timely donor stewardship.
Bachelor’s degree and three to five years fundraising experience required.
- Strong commitment to and belief in the mission of Water4
- Must be able to effectively and creatively share Water4's vision for helping create a world where all people have access to clean and Living water to diverse and distinct audiences 
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills as well as ability to work with and motivate other development professionals and volunteers
- Excellent skill and understanding of computer and donor relations software required
- Experience with Salesforce preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work closely with CFO/Controller for account reconciliation
- Willingness and ability to travel and to work nights and weekends, as required
- Ability to work cooperatively to achieve common goals; support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information continuously improving standards to maintain quality
- Understanding of database management, gift processing and donor relations
- Openness to new ideas and their implementation
- Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately
- Ability to listen carefully to and understand customers’ needs, both internally and externally, and proactively respond to those needs in a consistent and timely manner
- Demonstrated analytical and fundraising skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical, high payoff activities and prioritize them to attain goals
- Ability and interest in developing, motivating and mentoring staff
- Ability to provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement
Position Reports To:
Director of Development and Marketing
To Apply for this Job:
Please send cover letter, resume' and salary requirements to Michael Mitchell at [email protected]
Thursday, October 26, 2017
We can’t wait to hear how God has been preparing you for a new adventure as part of our team.